- A procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something; a trial: a test of one's eyesight; subjecting a hypothesis to a test; a test of an athlete's endurance.
- A series of questions, problems, or physical responses designed to determine knowledge, intelligence, or ability.
- A basis for evaluation or judgment: "A test of democratic government is how Congress and the president work together” ( Haynes Johnson).
- Chemistry A physical or chemical change by which a substance may be detected or its properties ascertained.
- Chemistry A reagent used to cause or promote such a change.
- Chemistry A positive result obtained.
- A cupel.
- To subject to a test; try: tested the pen by scribbling on scrap paper; testing job applicants.
- To determine the presence or properties of (a substance).
- To assay (metal) in a cupel.
- To undergo a test.
- To administer a test: test for acid content; test for the presence of an antibody.
- To achieve a score or rating on tests: tested high on the entrance exams.
- To exhibit a given characteristic when subjected to a test: test positive for the tubercle bacillus.
- A hard external covering, as that of certain amoebas, dinoflagellates, and sea urchins.
தேர்வு சோதனை நிருபணம் சோதனை செய்