- A fundamental, essential, or irreducible constituent of a composite entity.
- The basic assumptions or principles of a subject.
- Mathematics A member of a set.
- Mathematics A point, line, or plane.
- Mathematics A part of a geometric configuration, such as an angle in a triangle.
- Mathematics The generatrix of a geometric figure.
- Mathematics Any of the terms in the rectangular array of terms that constitute a matrix or determinant.
- Chemistry & Physics A substance composed of atoms having an identical number of protons in each nucleus. Elements cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means.
- One of four substances, earth, air, fire, or water, formerly regarded as a fundamental constituent of the universe.
- Electricity The resistance wire in an electrical appliance such as a heater or an oven.
- The forces that constitute the weather, especially severe or inclement weather: outside paint that had been damaged by the elements.
- An environment naturally suited to or associated with an individual: He is in his element when traveling. The business world is her element.
- A distinct group within a larger community: the dissident element on campus.
- A part of a military force, especially:
- A ground unit in an air force comparable to a platoon.
- A unit of an air force equal to two or three aircraft.
- The bread and wine of the Eucharist.
தனிமம் ஒன்றின் பகுதி