- Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor: a good experience; good news from the hospital.
- Having the qualities that are desirable or distinguishing in a particular thing: a good exterior paint; a good joke.
- Serving the desired purpose or end; suitable: Is this a good dress for the party?
- Not spoiled or ruined: The milk is still good.
- In excellent condition; sound: a good tooth.
- Superior to the average; satisfactory: a good student.
- Used formerly to refer to the U.S. Government grade of meat higher than standard and lower than choice.
- Of high quality: good books.
- Discriminating: good taste.
- Worthy of respect; honorable: ruined the family's good name.
- Attractive; handsome: good looks.
- Beneficial to health; salutary: a good night's rest.
- Competent; skilled: a good machinist.
- Complete; thorough: a good workout.
- Reliable; sure: a good investment.
- Valid or true: a good reason.
- Genuine; real: a good dollar bill.
- In effect; operative: a warranty good for two years; a driver's license that is still good.
- Able to continue in a specified activity: I'm good for another round of golf.
- Able to pay or contribute: Is she good for the money that you lent her?
- Able to elicit a specified reaction: He is always good for a laugh.
- Ample; substantial: a good income.
- Bountiful: a good table.
- Full: It is a good mile from here.
- Pleasant; enjoyable: had a good time at the party.
- Propitious; favorable: good weather; a good omen.
- Of moral excellence; upright: a good person.
- Benevolent; kind: a good soul; a good heart.
- Loyal; staunch: a good Republican.
- Well-behaved; obedient: a good child.
- Socially correct; proper: good manners.
- Sports Landing within bounds or within a particular area of a court and therefore in play: The first serve was wide, but the second was good.
- Sports Passing between the uprights of the goal and therefore scoring, as a field goal in football.
- Used to form exclamatory phrases expressing surprise or dismay: Good heavens! Good grief!
- Something that is good.
- A good, valuable, or useful part or aspect.
- Welfare; benefit: for the common good.
- Goodness; virtue: There is much good to be found in people.
- Commodities; wares: frozen goods.
- Portable personal property.
- Fabric; material.
- Slang Incriminating information or evidence: tried to get the goods on the crook.
- Informal Well.
- as good as Practically; nearly: as good as new.
- but good Informal Used as an intensive: The pipe started to leak but good.
- for good Permanently; forever: I'm moving to Europe for good.
- good and Informal Very; thoroughly: I'll do it when I'm good and ready.
- no good Informal Worthless.
- no good Informal Futile; useless: It's no good arguing with them.
- to the good For the best; advantageous.
- to the good In an advantageous financial position: ended up to the good.
நல்ல நன்மை நலம் வியாபாரப் பொருள்கள்