- Within the limits, bounds, or area of: was hit in the face; born in the spring; a chair in the garden.
- From the outside to a point within; into: threw the letter in the wastebasket.
- To or at a situation or condition of: was split in two; in debt; a woman in love.
- Having the activity, occupation, or function of: a life in politics; the officer in command.
- During the act or process of: tripped in racing for the bus.
- With the arrangement or order of: fabric that fell in luxuriant folds; arranged to purchase the car in equal payments.
- After the style or form of: a poem in iambic pentameter.
- With the characteristic, attribute, or property of: a tall man in an overcoat.
- By means of: paid in cash.
- Made with or through the medium of: a statue in bronze; a note written in German.
- With the aim or purpose of: followed in pursuit.
- With reference to: six inches in depth; has faith in your judgment.
- Used to indicate the second and larger term of a ratio or proportion: saved only one in ten.
- To or toward the inside: opened the door and stepped in.
- To or toward a destination or goal: The mob closed in.
- Sports So as to score, as by crossing home plate in baseball: singled the runner in.
- Within a place, as of business or residence: The manager is in before anyone else.
- So as to be available or under one's control: We can proceed when all the evidence is in.
- So as to include or incorporate: Fold in the egg whites.
- So as to occupy a position of success or favor: campaigned hard and was voted in.
- In a particular relationship: got in bad with their supervisor.
- Located inside; inner.
- Incoming; inward: took the in bus.
- Holding office; having power: the in party.
- Informal Currently fashionable: the in thing to wear this season.
- Informal Concerned with or attuned to the latest fashions: the in crowd. See Synonyms at fashionable.
- Relating to, understandable to, or coming from an exclusive group: an in reference.
- One that has position, influence, or power: the ins against the outs.
- Informal Influence; power: had an in with the authorities.
- in for Guaranteed to get or have: You're in for a big surprise.
- in on Informed about; participating in: Only one business partner was not in on the illegal scheme.
- in that For the reason that.
இல் இடத்தில் உள்ளே