- Imperceptible; inappreciable: an insensible change in temperature.
- Very small or gradual: insensible movement.
- Having lost consciousness, especially temporarily; unconscious: lay insensible where he had fallen.
- Not invested with sensation; inanimate: insensible clay.
- Devoid of physical sensation or the power to react, as to pain or cold; numb.
- Unaware; unmindful: I am not insensible of your concern.
- Not emotionally responsive; indifferent: insensible to criticism.
- Lacking meaning; unintelligible.