- Any of a category of electropositive elements that usually have a shiny surface, are generally good conductors of heat and electricity, and can be melted or fused, hammered into thin sheets, or drawn into wires. Typical metals form salts with nonmetals, basic oxides with oxygen, and alloys with one another.
- An alloy of two or more metallic elements.
- An object made of metal.
- Basic character; mettle.
- Broken stones used for road surfaces or railroad beds.
- Molten glass, especially when used in glassmaking.
- Molten cast iron.
- Printing Type made of metal.
- Music Heavy metal.
- To cover or surface (a roadbed, for example) with broken stones.