- A social gathering especially for pleasure or amusement: a cocktail party.
- A group of people who have gathered to participate in an activity. See Synonyms at band2.
- An established political group organized to promote and support its principles and candidates for public office.
- A person or group involved in an enterprise; a participant or an accessory: I refuse to be a party to your silly scheme.
- Law A person or group involved in a legal proceeding as a litigant.
- A subscriber to a telephone party line.
- A person using a telephone.
- A person: "And though Grainger was a spry old party, such steps couldn't be his” ( Anthony Hyde).
- A selected group of soldiers: a raiding party.
- Slang An act of sexual intercourse.
- Slang An orgy.
- Of, relating to, or participating in an established political organization: party members; party politics.
- Suitable for use at a social gathering: party dresses; a party hat.
- Characteristic of a pleasurable social gathering: a party atmosphere.
- To celebrate or carouse at or as if at a party: That night we partied until dawn.
கட்சி விருந்தினர் கூட்டம் அரசியல் கட்சி