- Humans considered as a group or in indefinite numbers: People were dancing in the street. I met all sorts of people.
- A body of persons living in the same country under one national government; a nationality.
- A body of persons sharing a common religion, culture, language, or inherited condition of life.
- Persons with regard to their residence, class, profession, or group: city people.
- The mass of ordinary persons; the populace. Used with the: "those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes” ( Thomas Jefferson).
- The citizens of a political unit, such as a nation or state; the electorate. Used with the.
- Persons subordinate to or loyal to a ruler, superior, or employer: The queen showed great compassion for her people.
- Family, relatives, or ancestors.
- Informal Animals or other beings distinct from humans: Rabbits and squirrels are the furry little people of the woods.
- To furnish with or as if with people; populate.
மக்கள் வமிசம் தேசத்தினர்