- To maintain in safety from injury, peril, or harm; protect.
- To keep in perfect or unaltered condition; maintain unchanged.
- To keep or maintain intact: tried to preserve family harmony. See Synonyms at defend.
- To prepare (food) for future use, as by canning or salting.
- To prevent (organic bodies) from decaying or spoiling.
- To keep or protect (game or fish) for one's private hunting or fishing.
- To treat fruit or other foods so as to prevent decay.
- To maintain a private area stocked with game or fish.
- Something that acts to preserve; a preservative.
- Fruit cooked with sugar to protect against decay or fermentation. Often used in the plural.
- An area maintained for the protection of wildlife or natural resources.
- Something considered as being the exclusive province of certain persons: Ancient Greek is the preserve of scholars.
காப்பாற்று பத்திரப்படுத்து கெடாது பேணு