- Prepared or available for service, action, or progress: I am ready to work. The soup will be ready in a minute. The pupils are ready to learn to read.
- Mentally disposed; willing: He was ready to believe her.
- Likely or about to do something: She is ready to retire.
- Prompt in apprehending or reacting: a ready intelligence; a ready response.
- Available: ready money.
- To cause to be ready.
- at the ready Available for immediate use: soldiers with machine guns at the ready; students with notebooks at the ready.
- make ready To make preparations.
pronto preparado aparelhado apto prestes propenso disposto inclinado ligeiro aprontar preparar já prontamente logo