- The expanse of air over any given point on the earth; the upper atmosphere as seen from the earth's surface.
- The appearance of the upper atmosphere, especially with reference to weather. Often used in the plural: Threatening skies portend a storm.
- The celestial regions; the heavens: stars in the southern sky.
- The highest level or degree: reaching for the sky.
- To hit or throw (a ball, for example) high in the air.
- To hang (a painting, for example) high up on the wall, above the line of vision.
வானம் ஆகாயம் வானநிலை