Belonging to the school or philosophy of Plato; as, the Academic sect or philosophy.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a school, especially one of higher learning.
- Relating to studies that are liberal or classical rather than technical or vocational.
- Relating to scholarly performance: a student's academic average.
- Of or belonging to a scholarly organization.
- Scholarly to the point of being unaware of the outside world. See Synonyms at pedantic.
- Based on formal education.
- Formalistic or conventional.
- Theoretical or speculative without a practical purpose or intention. See Synonyms at theoretical.
- Having no practical purpose or use.
- A member of an institution of higher learning.
- One who has an academic viewpoint or a scholarly background.