The act of increasing by natural growth; esp. the increase of organic bodies by the internal accession of parts; organic growth.
- Growth or increase in size by gradual external addition, fusion, or inclusion.
- Something contributing to such growth or increase: "the accretions of paint that had buried the door's details like snow” ( Christopher Andreae).
- Biology The growing together or adherence of parts that are normally separate.
- Geology Slow addition to land by deposition of water-borne sediment.
- Geology An increase of land along the shores of a body of water, as by alluvial deposit.
- Astronomy An increase in the mass of a celestial object by the collection of surrounding interstellar gases and objects by gravity.