To manage or conduct, as public affairs; to direct or superintend the execution, application, or conduct of; as, to administer the government or the state.
- To have charge of; manage.
- To give or apply in a formal way: administer the last rites.
- To apply as a remedy: administer a sedative.
- To direct the taking of (an oath).
- To mete out; dispense: administer justice.
- To manage or dispose of (a trust or estate) under a will or official appointment.
- To impose, offer, or tender (an oath, for example).
- To manage as an administrator.
- To minister: administering to their every whim.