Any condition, circumstance, opportunity, or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end; benefit; as, the enemy had the advantage of a more elevated position.
- A beneficial factor or combination of factors.
- Benefit or profit; gain: It is to your advantage to invest wisely.
- A relatively favorable position; superiority of means: A better education gave us the advantage.
- Sports The first point scored in tennis after deuce.
- Sports The resulting score.
- To afford profit or gain to; benefit.
- take advantage of To put to good use; avail oneself of: take advantage of all educational opportunities.
- take advantage of To profit selfishly by; exploit: took advantage of the customer.
- to advantage To good effect; favorably: The roses were displayed to advantage in a blue vase.