Confirmative; ratifying; as, an act affirmative of common law.
- Asserting that something is true or correct, as with the answer "yes”: an affirmative reply.
- Giving assent or approval; confirming: an affirmative vote.
- Positive; optimistic: an affirmative outlook.
- Logic Of, relating to, or being a proposition in which the predicate affirms something about the subject, such as the statement apples have seeds.
- A word or statement of agreement or assent, such as the word yes.
- The side in a debate that upholds the proposition: Her team will speak for the affirmative.
- Informal Used in place of the response "yes” to express confirmation or consent.