To subjoin, annex, or add at the close or end; to append to; to fix to any part of; as, to affix a syllable to a word; to affix a seal to an instrument; to affix one's name to a writing.
- To secure to something; attach: affix a label to a package.
- To impute; attribute: affix blame to him.
- To place at the end; append: affix a postscript to a letter.
- Grammar To add as an affix.
- Something that is attached, joined, or added; an appendage or addition.
- Linguistics A word element, such as a prefix or suffix, that can only occur attached to a base, stem, or root.