The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
- The length of time that one has existed; duration of life: 23 years of age.
- The time of life when a person becomes qualified to assume certain civil and personal rights and responsibilities, usually at 18 or 21 years; legal age: under age; of age.
- One of the stages of life: the age of adolescence; at an awkward age.
- The state of being old; old age: hair white with age.
- A period in the history of humankind marked by a distinctive characteristic or achievement: the Stone Age; the computer age.
- A period in the history of the earth, usually shorter than an epoch: the Ice Age.
- A period of time marked by the presence or influence of a dominant figure: the Elizabethan Age. See Synonyms at period.
- The period of history during which a person lives: a product of his age.
- A generation: ages yet unborn.
- Informal An extended period of time: left ages ago.
- To cause to become old.
- To cause to mature or ripen under controlled conditions: aging wine.
- To change (the characteristics of a device) through use, especially to stabilize (an electronic device).
- To become old.
- To manifest traits associated with old age.
- To develop a certain quality of ripeness; become mature: cheese aging at room temperature. See Synonyms at mature.
- age out Informal To reach an age, 18 or 21 years, for example, at which one is no longer eligible for certain special services, such as education or protection, from the state.
- come of age To reach maturity.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രായം - Praayam | Prayam ;വയസ്സാവുക - Vayassaavuka | Vayassavuka ;തലമുറ - Thalamura ;പ്രാചീനത്വം - Praacheenathvam | Pracheenathvam ;വയസ്സു - Vayassu ;യുഗങ്ങള് - Yugangal ;