Any combination or compound of metals fused together; a mixture of metals; for example, brass, which is an alloy of copper and zinc. But when mercury is one of the metals, the compound is called an amalgam.
- A homogeneous mixture or solid solution of two or more metals, the atoms of one replacing or occupying interstitial positions between the atoms of the other: Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper.
- A mixture; an amalgam: "Television news has . . . always been an alloy of journalism and show business” ( Bill Moyers).
- The relative degree of mixture with a base metal; fineness.
- Something added that lowers value or purity.
- To combine (metals) to form an alloy.
- To combine; mix: idealism that was alloyed with political skill.
- To debase by the addition of an inferior element.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മിശ്രലോഹം - Mishraloham ;വേതനം - Vethanam ;ലോഹക്കൂട്ട് - Lohakkoottu ;ന്യൂനീകരിക്കുക - Nyooneekarikkuka ;കലര്പ്പ് - Kalarppu ;മിശ്രലോഹം - Mishraloham ;