The act of amplifying or enlarging in dimensions; enlargement; extension.
- The act or result of amplifying, enlarging, or extending.
- An addition to or expansion of a statement or idea.
- A statement with such an addition.
- Physics The process of increasing the magnitude of a variable quantity, especially the magnitude of voltage, power, or current, without altering any other quality.
- Physics The result of such a process.
- Electronics See gain1.
- Genetics The process by which extra copies of a gene or a DNA sequence are formed.