The art of dissecting, or artificially separating the different parts of any organized body, to discover their situation, structure, and economy; dissection.
- The bodily structure of a plant or an animal or of any of its parts.
- The science of the shape and structure of organisms and their parts.
- A treatise on anatomic science.
- Dissection of a plant or animal to study the structure, position, and interrelation of its various parts.
- A skeleton.
- The human body.
- A detailed examination or analysis: the anatomy of a crime.