The art or science of building; especially, the art of building houses, churches, bridges, and other structures, for the purposes of civil life; -- often called civil architecture.
- The art and science of designing and erecting buildings.
- Buildings and other large structures: the low, brick-and-adobe architecture of the Southwest.
- A style and method of design and construction: Byzantine architecture.
- Orderly arrangement of parts; structure: the architecture of the federal bureaucracy; the architecture of a novel.
- Computer Science The overall design or structure of a computer system, including the hardware and the software required to run it, especially the internal structure of the microprocessor.