A genus of trees of the Olive family, having opposite pinnate leaves, many of the species furnishing valuable timber, as the European ash (Fraxinus excelsior) and the white ash (F. Americana).
- The grayish-white to black powdery residue left when something is burned.
- Geology Pulverized particulate matter ejected by volcanic eruption.
- The mineral residue of incinerated organic matter, used as an additive in pet foods.
- Ruins: the ashes of a lost culture.
- Bodily remains, especially after cremation or decay.
- To reduce or convert to ash: ash a tissue sample for analysis.
- Any of various chiefly deciduous ornamental or timber trees of the genus Fraxinus, having opposite, pinnately compound leaves, clusters of small flowers, and one-seeded winged fruits.
- The strong, elastic wood of this tree, used for furniture, tool handles, and sporting goods such as baseball bats.
- Linguistics The letter æ in Old English and some modern phonetic alphabets, representing the vowel sound of Modern English ash.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചാമ്പൽ കൊണ്ടു മൂടപ്പെട്ട; - Chaampal Kondu Moodappetta; | Champal Kondu Moodappetta; ;അശോകവൃക്ഷത്തടി - Ashokavrukshaththadi | Ashokavrukshathadi ;അശോകമരം - Ashokamaram ;അര്ഘടം - Arghadam ;വെണ്ണീര് - Venneer ;നിർജ്ജീവവും വിളർത്തതുമായ; - Nirjjeevavum Vilarththathumaaya; | Nirjjeevavum Vilarthathumaya; ;