To pronounce with a breathing, an aspirate, or an h sound; as, we aspirate the words horse and house; to aspirate a vowel or a liquid consonant.
- Linguistics To pronounce (a vowel or word) with the initial release of breath associated with English h, as in hurry.
- Linguistics To follow (a consonant, especially a stop consonant) with a puff of breath that is clearly audible before the next sound begins, as in English pit or kit.
- To draw (something) into the lungs; inhale.
- Medicine To remove an abnormal accumulation of (a liquid or gas) from the body by aspiration.
- Medicine To suction (a body part or growth, for example) for the removal of a liquid or a gas.
- Linguistics The speech sound represented by English h.
- Linguistics The puff of air accompanying the release of a stop consonant.
- Linguistics A speech sound followed by a puff of breath.
- Medicine Matter removed by aspiration.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഘോഷം - Ghosham ;ആഗ്രഹം - Aagraham | agraham ;അഭിലാഷം - Abhilaasham | Abhilasham ;സ്ഥാനാഭിലാഷി - Sthaanaabhilaashi | Sthanabhilashi ;ഉന്നത സ്ഥാനേച്ഛയുള്ളവൻ - Unnatha Sthaanechchayullavan | Unnatha Sthanechchayullavan ;ഉത്കടമായ അഭിലാഷം - Uthkadamaaya Abhilaasham | Uthkadamaya Abhilasham ;