The act of assuring; a declaration tending to inspire full confidence; that which is designed to give confidence.
- The act of assuring.
- A statement or indication that inspires confidence; a guarantee or pledge: gave her assurance that the plan would succeed.
- Freedom from doubt; certainty: set sail in the assurance of favorable winds. See Synonyms at certainty.
- Self-confidence. See Synonyms at confidence.
- Excessive self-confidence; presumption.
- Chiefly British Insurance, especially life insurance.