One who sustains a great burden.
- A book or bound collection of maps, sometimes with supplementary illustrations and graphic analyses.
- A volume of tables, charts, or plates that systematically illustrates a particular subject: an anatomical atlas.
- A large size of drawing paper, measuring 26 × 33 or 26 × 34 inches.
- Architecture A standing or kneeling figure of a man used as a supporting column, as for an entablature or balcony.
- Anatomy The top or first cervical vertebra of the neck, which supports the skull.