To bear witness to; to certify; to affirm to be true or genuine; as, to attest the truth of a writing, a copy of record.
- To affirm to be correct, true, or genuine: The date of the painting was attested by the appraiser.
- To certify by signature or oath: attest a will.
- To certify in an official capacity.
- To supply or be evidence of: Her fine work attests her ability. See Synonyms at indicate.
- To put under oath.
- To bear witness; give testimony: attested to their good faith.
- Archaic Attestation.