An infant or young child of either sex; a babe.
- A very young child; an infant.
- An unborn child; a fetus.
- The youngest member of a family or group.
- A very young animal.
- An adult or young person who behaves in an infantile way.
- Slang A girl or young woman.
- Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
- Slang An object of personal concern or interest: Keeping the boat in good repair is your baby.
- Of or having to do with a baby.
- Infantile or childish.
- Small in comparison with others of the same kind: baby vegetables.
- To pamper like a baby; coddle. See Synonyms at pamper.