To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
- To cook (food) with dry heat, especially in an oven.
- To harden or dry (something) by subjecting to heat in or as if in an oven: bake bricks.
- To cook food with dry heat.
- To become hardened or dry by or as if by having been subjected to the heat of an oven.
- The act or process of baking.
- An amount baked.
- A social gathering at which food is cooked by baking and then served.