A fillet, strap, or any narrow ligament with which a thing is encircled, or fastened, or by which a number of things are tied, bound together, or confined; a fetter.
- A thin strip of flexible material used to encircle and bind one object or to hold a number of objects together: a metal band around the bale of cotton.
- A strip or stripe that contrasts with something else in color, texture, or material.
- A narrow strip of fabric used to trim, finish, or reinforce articles of clothing.
- Something that constrains or binds morally or legally: the bands of marriage and family.
- A simple ungrooved ring, especially a wedding ring.
- A neckband or collar.
- The two strips hanging from the front of a collar as part of the dress of certain clerics, scholars, and lawyers.
- A high collar popular in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Biology A chromatically, structurally, or functionally differentiated strip or stripe in or on an organism.
- Anatomy A cordlike tissue that connects or holds structures together.
- Physics A specific range of wavelengths or frequencies of electromagnetic radiation.
- Physics A range of very closely spaced electron energy levels in solids, the distribution and nature of which determine the electrical properties of a material.
- Any of the distinct grooves on a long-playing phonograph record that contains an individual selection or a separate section of a whole.
- A cord or strip across the back of a book to which the sheets or quires are attached.
- To tie, bind, or encircle with or as if with a band.
- To mark or identify with or as if with a band: a program to band migrating birds.
- A group of people: a band of outlaws.
- A group of animals.
- Anthropology A unit of social organization especially among hunter-gatherers, consisting of a usually small number of families living together cooperatively.
- Canadian An aboriginal group officially recognized as an organized unit by the Canadian government. See Usage Note at First Nation.
- A group of musicians who perform as an ensemble.
- To assemble or unite in a group.
- To form a group; unite: banded together for protection.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തോല്പ്പട്ട - Tholppatta ;കെട്ട് - Kettu ;കെട്ടുന്നചരട് - Kettunnacharadu ;നാട - Naada | Nada ;ഒരു കൂട്ടം ആളുകള് - Oru Koottam Aalukal | Oru Koottam alukal ;കെട്ട് - Kettu ;