Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
- Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked: a bare arm.
- Exposed to view; undisguised: bare fangs.
- Lacking the usual furnishings, equipment, or decoration: bare walls.
- Having no addition, adornment, or qualification: the bare facts. See Synonyms at empty.
- Just sufficient; mere: the bare necessities.
- Obsolete Bareheaded.
- To make bare; uncover or reveal: bared their heads; baring secrets.
- To expose: The dog bared its teeth.
- Archaic A past tense of bear1.