A minimum or starting point used for comparisons; (in tennis, volleyball, etc.) The line marking each end of the court.
- A line that is a base for measurement or for construction.
- A datum used as the basis for calculation or for comparison.
- A line used as the basis for the alignment of glyphs.
- The line at the farthest ends of the court indicating the boundary of the area of play.
- A configuration of software, hardware, or a process that is established and documented as a point of reference.
- To provide a baseline for measurement.
- To play from the baseline.