To abash; to disconcert or be disconcerted or put out of countenance.
- To strike with a heavy, crushing blow: The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.
- To beat or assault severely: The police arrested the men who bashed an immigrant in the park.
- Informal To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: "He bashed the . . . government unmercifully over the . . . spy affair” ( Lally Weymouth).
- Informal To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.
- Informal A heavy, crushing blow.
- Slang A celebration; a party.