An edible, spiny-finned fish, esp. of the genera Roccus, Labrax, and related genera. There are many species.
- Any of several North American freshwater fishes of the family Centrarchidae, related to but larger than the sunfishes.
- Any of various marine fishes of the family Serranidae, such as the sea bass and the striped bass.
- A low-pitched sound or tone.
- The tones in the lowest register of an instrument.
- A male singing voice of the lowest range.
- A singer who has such a voice.
- An instrument that sounds within this range.
- A vocal or instrumental part written within this range.
- An instrument, especially a double bass, that produces tones in a low register.
- Having a deep tone.
- Low in pitch.