A large stick; a club; specifically, a piece of wood with one end thicker or broader than the other, used in playing baseball, cricket, etc.
- A stout wooden stick; a cudgel.
- A blow, such as one delivered with a stick.
- Baseball A rounded, often wooden club, wider and heavier at the hitting end and tapering at the handle, used to strike the ball.
- Sports A club used in cricket, having a broad, flat-surfaced hitting end and a distinct, narrow handle.
- Sports The racket used in various games, such as table tennis or racquets.
- To hit with or as if with a bat.
- Baseball To cause (a run) to be scored while at bat: batted the winning run in with a double.
- Baseball To have (a certain percentage) as a batting average.
- Informal To discuss or consider at length: bat an idea around.
- Baseball To use a bat.
- Baseball To have a turn at bat.
- Slang To wander about aimlessly.
- bat out Informal To produce in a hurried or informal manner: batted out thank-you notes all morning.
- at bat Sports Taking one's turn to bat, as in baseball or cricket.
- go to bat for To give assistance to; defend.
- off the bat Without hesitation; immediately: They responded right off the bat.
- Any of various nocturnal flying mammals of the order Chiroptera, having membranous wings that extend from the forelimbs to the hind limbs or tail and anatomical adaptations for echolocation, by which they navigate and hunt prey.
- have bats in (one's) belfry To behave in an eccentric, bizarre manner.
- To wink or flutter: bat one's eyelashes.
- not bat an eye Informal To show no emotion; appear unaffected: The reporter didn't bat an eyelash while reading the gruesome news.
- Slang A binge; a spree.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ബാറ്റ് - Krikkattu Baattu | Krikkattu Battu ;നരിച്ചീര് - Naricheer ;ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ബാറ്റ - Krikkattu Baatta | Krikkattu Batta ;താരിത്രം - Thaarithram | Tharithram ;ക്രിക്കറ്റും മറ്റും പന്തടിക്കുന്ന കോല് - Krikkattum Mattum Panthadikkunna Kol ;ബാറ്റുകൊണ്ട് പന്തടിക്കുക - Baattukondu Panthadikkuka | Battukondu Panthadikkuka ;