The act of exposing the body, or part of the body, for purposes of cleanliness, comfort, health, etc., to water, vapor, hot air, or the like; as, a cold or a hot bath; a medicated bath; a steam bath; a hip bath.
- The act of soaking or cleansing the body, as in water or steam.
- The water used for cleansing the body.
- A bathtub.
- A bathroom.
- A building equipped for bathing.
- A resort providing therapeutic baths; a spa. Often used in the plural.
- A liquid in which something is dipped or soaked for processing: immersed the metal in an acid bath.
- A container holding such a liquid: emptied the bath of dye.
- A medium, such as oil or sand, that controls the temperature of objects placed in it.
- A container holding such a medium.
- An ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure, equal to about 38 liters (10 U.S. gallons).