A staff or truncheon, used for various purposes; as, the baton of a field marshal; the baton of a conductor in musical performances.
- Music A slender wooden stick or rod used by a conductor to direct an orchestra or band.
- A hollow metal rod with a heavy rubber tip or tips that is wielded and twirled by a drum major or drum majorette.
- A short staff carried by certain public officials as a symbol of office.
- Sports The hollow cylinder that is carried by each member of a relay team in a running race and passed to the next team member.
- A short stick carried by police; a billy club.
- Heraldry A shortened narrow bend, often signifying bastardy.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആയുധമായി ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന (പോലീസുകാരുടെ) ദണ്ഡ് - Aayudhamaayi Upayogikkunna (poleesukaarude) Dhandu | ayudhamayi Upayogikkunna (poleesukarude) Dhandu ;സ്നാനം - Snaanam | Snanam ;ജനറൽ - Janaral ;അധികാരദന്ധ് - Adhikaaradhandhu | Adhikaradhandhu ;ചെങ്കോൽ - Chenkol ;അധികാരദണ്ഡ് - Adhikaaradhandu | Adhikaradhandu ;