The act of battering or beating.
- The act of beating or pounding.
- Law The unlawful and unwanted touching or striking of one person by another, with the intention of bringing about a harmful or offensive contact.
- An emplacement for one or more pieces of artillery.
- A set of guns or other heavy artillery, as on a warship.
- An army artillery unit, corresponding to a company in the infantry.
- An array of similar things intended for use together: took a battery of achievement tests.
- An impressive body or group: a battery of political supporters.
- Baseball The pitcher and catcher.
- Music The percussion section of an orchestra.
- Electricity Two or more connected cells that produce a direct current by converting chemical energy to electrical energy.
- Electricity A single cell, such as a dry cell, that produces an electric current.