A name given to the seed of certain leguminous herbs, chiefly of the genera Faba, Phaseolus, and Dolichos; also, to the herbs.
- Any of various New World twining herbs of the genus Phaseolus in the pea family, having leaves with three leaflets, variously colored flowers, and edible pods and seeds.
- A seed or pod of any of these plants.
- Any of several related plants or their seeds or pods, such as the adzuki bean, broad bean, or soybean.
- Any of various other plants or their seeds or fruits, especially those suggestive of beans, such as the coffee bean or the vanilla bean.
- Slang A person's head.
- Slang A small amount: I don't know beans about investing.
- Chiefly British A fellow; a chap.
- Slang To hit (another) on the head with a thrown object, especially a pitched baseball.
- full of beans Energetic; frisky: The children were too full of beans to sit still.
- full of beans Badly mistaken: Don't believe him; he's full of beans.
- spill the beans To disclose a secret.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പയർ - Payar ;ചെറിയ നാണയം - Cheriya Naanayam | Cheriya Nanayam ;പയര് - Payar ;മുതിര മുതലായവ - Muthira Muthalaayava | Muthira Muthalayava ;തടി - Thadi ;ഒട്ടും തന്നെ (നിഷേധാര്ത്ഥം) - Ottum Thanne (nishedhaarththam) | Ottum Thanne (nishedhartham) ;