Under, or lower in place; beneath not so high; as, below the moon; below the knee.
- In or to a lower place; beneath.
- On or to a lower floor; downstairs.
- Nautical On or to a lower deck.
- In a later part of a given text: figures quoted below.
- Farther down, as along a slope or valley.
- In or to hell or Hades.
- On the earth.
- In a lower rank or class.
- Below zero in temperature: 40° below.
- Underneath; beneath.
- Lower than, as on a graduated scale.
- Downstream of: launched the canoe just below the bridge.
- South of: Guatemala is below Mexico.
- Unsuitable to the rank or dignity of: Such petty behavior is below me.