To strain or move out of a straight line; to crook by straining; to make crooked; to curve; to make ready for use by drawing into a curve; as, to bend a bow; to bend the knee.
- To bring (something) into a state of tension: bend a bow.
- To cause to assume a curved or angular shape: bend a piece of iron into a horseshoe.
- To force to assume a different direction or shape, according to one's own purpose: "Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events” ( Robert F. Kennedy).
- To misrepresent; distort: bend the truth.
- To relax or make an exception to: bend a rule to allow more members into the club.
- To cause to swerve from a straight line; deflect.
- To render submissive; subdue.
- To apply (the mind) closely: "The weary naval officer goes to bed at night having bent his brain all day to a scheme of victory” ( Jack Beatty).
- Nautical To fasten: bend a mainsail onto the boom.
- To deviate from a straight line or position: The lane bends to the right at the bridge.
- To assume a curved, crooked, or angular form or direction: The saplings bent in the wind.
- To incline the body; stoop.
- To make a concession; yield.
- To apply oneself closely; concentrate: She bent to her task.
- The act or fact of bending.
- The state of being bent.
- Something bent: a bend in the road.
- Nautical The thick planks in a ship's side; wales.
- Decompression sickness. Used with the.
- around the bend Slang Insane; crazy.
- bend (one's) elbow Slang To drink alcoholic beverages.
- bend out of shape Slang To annoy or anger.
- bend To make an effort greater than is required.
- bend (someone's) ear Slang To talk to at length, usually excessively.
- Heraldry A band passing from the upper dexter corner of an escutcheon to the lower sinister corner.
- Nautical A knot that joins a rope to a rope or another object.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വക്രീകരിക്കുക - Vakreekarikkuka ;പളുങ്ങുക - Palunguka ;മടങ്ങുക - Madanguka ;വളവ് - Valavu ;വളയ്ക്കുക - Valaykkuka ;വക്രത - Vakratha ;