A narrow shelf or path between the bottom of a parapet and the ditch.
- A narrow ledge or shelf, as along the top or bottom of a slope.
- Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, & West Virginia The shoulder of a road.
- A raised bank or path, especially the bank of a canal opposite the towpath.
- A nearly horizontal or landward-sloping portion of a beach, formed by the deposition of sediment by storm waves.
- A mound or bank of earth, used especially as a barrier or to provide insulation.
- The flat space between the edge of a ditch and the base of a fortification.
- To provide with a berm or berms.