Having good qualities in the highest degree; most good, kind, desirable, suitable, etc.; most excellent; as, the best man; the best road; the best cloth; the best abilities.
- Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent: the best performer; the best grade of ore.
- Most satisfactory, suitable, or useful; most desirable: the best solution; the best time for planting.
- Greatest; most: He spoke for the best part of an hour.
- Most highly skilled: the best doctor in town.
- In a most excellent way; most creditably or advantageously.
- To the greatest degree or extent; most: "He was certainly the best hated man in the ship” ( W. Somerset Maugham).
- One that surpasses all others.
- The best part, moment, or value: The best is still to come. Let's get the best out of life.
- The optimum condition or quality: look your best. She was at her best in the freestyle competition.
- One's nicest or most formal clothing.
- The supreme effort one can make: doing our best.
- One's warmest wishes or regards: Give them my best.
- To get the better of; beat: "I'm a rough customer, I expect, but I know when I'm bested” ( Nathanael West).
- at best Interpreted most favorably; at the most: no more than 40 people at best in attendance.
- at best Under the most favorable conditions: has a top speed of 20 miles per hour at best.
- for the best With an ultimately positive or preferable result.
- get To outdo or outwit; defeat: My opponent got the best of me in the debate.
- make the best of Accept (a bad situation) in as good a light as possible.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉത്തമം - Uththamam | Uthamam ;ഉത്തമമായ അവസ്ഥ - Uththamamaaya Avastha | Uthamamaya Avastha ;കെങ്കേമം - Kenkemam ;വസ്തു - Vasthu ;ഉത്തമ - Uththama | Uthama ;അതിരറ്റ - Athiratta ;