A weight on the side of the ball used in the game of bowls, or a tendency imparted to the ball, which turns it from a straight line.
- A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias.
- A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
- An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
- A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
- Sports A weight or irregularity in a ball that causes it to swerve, as in lawn bowling.
- Sports The tendency of such a ball to swerve.
- The fixed voltage applied to an electrode.
- Slanting or diagonal; oblique: a bias fold.
- To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice.
- To apply a small voltage to (a grid).