One who binds; as, a binder of sheaves; one whose trade is to bind; as, a binder of books.
- One that binds, especially a bookbinder.
- Something, such as a cord, used to bind.
- A notebook cover with rings or clamps for holding sheets of paper.
- Something, such as the latex in certain paints, that creates uniform consistency, solidification, or cohesion.
- A machine that reaps and ties grain.
- An attachment on a reaping machine that ties grain in bundles.
- Law A payment or written statement making an agreement legally binding until the completion of a formal contract, especially an insurance contract.
- Ecology A plant, such as certain grasses or ground covers, whose habit of growth prevents the erosion of sand or soil.