To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- Any of numerous plant diseases resulting in sudden conspicuous wilting and dying of affected parts, especially young, growing tissues.
- The condition or causative agent, such as a bacterium, fungus, or virus, that results in blight.
- An extremely adverse environmental condition, such as air pollution.
- Something that impairs growth, withers hopes and ambitions, or impedes progress and prosperity.
- To cause (a plant, for example) to undergo blight.
- To have a deleterious effect on; ruin. See Synonyms at blast.
- To suffer blight.