A vesicle of the skin, containing watery matter or serum, whether occasioned by a burn or other injury, or by a vesicatory; a collection of serous fluid causing a bladderlike elevation of the cuticle.
- A local swelling of the skin that contains watery fluid and is caused by burning or irritation.
- A similar swelling on a plant.
- A raised bubble, as on a painted or laminated surface.
- A rounded, bulging, usually transparent structure, such as one used for observation on certain aircraft or for display and protection of packaged products.
- To cause a blister to form on.
- To reprove harshly.
- To break out in or as if in blisters.