Having the color of the clear sky, or a hue resembling it, whether lighter or darker; as, the deep, blue sea; as blue as a sapphire; blue violets.
- The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum lying between green and indigo, evoked in the human observer by radiant energy with wavelengths of approximately 420 to 490 nanometers; any of a group of colors that may vary in lightness and saturation, whose hue is that of a clear daytime sky; one of the additive or light primaries; one of the psychological primary hues.
- A pigment or dye imparting this hue.
- An object having this hue.
- Dress or clothing of this hue: The ushers wore blue.
- A person who wears a blue uniform.
- A dress blue uniform, especially that of the U.S. Army.
- A member of the Union Army in the Civil War.
- The Union Army.
- A bluefish.
- A small blue butterfly of the family Lycaenidae.
- The sky.
- The sea.
- Of the color blue.
- Bluish or having parts that are blue or bluish, as the blue spruce and the blue whale.
- Having a gray or purplish color, as from cold or contusion.
- Wearing blue.
- Gloomy; depressed. See Synonyms at depressed.
- Dismal; dreary: a blue day.
- Puritanical; strict.
- Aristocratic; patrician.
- Indecent; risqué: a blue joke; a blue movie.
- To make or become blue.
- blue in the face At the point of extreme exasperation: I argued with them until I was blue in the face.
- into the blue At a far distance; into the unknown: spontaneously take a trip into the blue.
- out of the blue From an unexpected or unforeseen source: criticism that came out of the blue.
- out of the blue At a completely unexpected time: a long-unseen friend who appeared out of the blue.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആകാശം - Aakaasham | akasham ;നീലനിറം - Neelaniram ;സ്ഥാനം - Sthaanam | Sthanam ;നീല നിറം - Neela Niram ;സമുദ്രം - Samudhram ;നീലയായ - Neelayaaya | Neelayaya ;