To lift or push from behind (one who is endeavoring to climb); to push up; hence, to assist in overcoming obstacles, or in making advancement.
- To raise or lift by pushing up from behind or below. See Synonyms at lift.
- To increase; raise: boost prices; efforts to boost participation in the program.
- To assist in further development or progress: a bill intended to boost local charities.
- To stir up enthusiasm for; promote vigorously: boosted their school with rallies and fund drives.
- Electricity To increase the voltage of (a circuit).
- Slang To steal or rob, especially by shoplifting or pickpocketing.
- Slang To engage in stealing, especially shoplifting or pickpocketing.
- A push upward or ahead.
- An encouraging act or comment.
- An increase: a big boost in salary.