An instrument for regulating the electro-motive force in an alternating- current circuit; -- so called because used to "boost", or raise, the pressure in the circuit.
- One that boosts, as:
- A device for increasing power or effectiveness.
- An enthusiastic promoter, as of a sports team or school.
- Electronics A radio-frequency amplifier.
- The primary stage of a multistage rocket that provides the main thrust for launch, liftoff, and initial flight.
- A booster shot.
- Slang One who steals goods on display in a store.